We issue notes and bonds to fund the Banks of the Farm Credit System, as they provide capital to keep U.S. agriculture and rural communities strong.
Our debt securities are issued daily and are purchased by a wide variety of investors in the U.S. and around the world.
- Farm Credit debt securities are highly-rated and have a Bank for International Settlement (BIS) risk weighting of 20%:
Standard & Poor's: AA+/A-1+
- Interest earned on Farm Credit debt securities is generally exempt from state, local and municipal taxes*
- Principal and interest payments are insured by the Farm Credit System Insurance Corporation, to the extent that funds are available **
- Our securities offer investors an opportunity to support U.S agriculture, while diversifying their high quality investment holdings
* Please consult your tax advisor for specific information.
** Debt securities are not obligations of, nor are they guaranteed by, the U.S. government or any federal agency or instrumentality other than the Banks of the Farm Credit System. They are the joint and several obligations of the four Banks of the Farm Credit System.